Saturday, May 29, 2010

Random Picks: Meatballs (recipe included)

Lately I have been so hungry for meatballs and gravy, served with boiled potatoes. I have yet to master a meatball recipe or even find a delicious recipe I like- so tonight I went for the frozen meatballs. I am definately not one for many frozen foods, with a few exceptions. I like the satisfaction of chopping, the fresh taste, and enjoy taking the time to make something, instead of pulling out a plastic bag from the freezer and throwing it in the microwave for a few minutes.

One of my favorite grocery stores is Trader Joes. They have a variety of fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, cheeses, and so many unique kinds of food. They do have a frozen food isle. I have tried numerous kinds of their frozen foods, and dinners and they are actually quite good. I hadn't tried their meatballs yet and decided to give them a try.

My first thought when I put them in the shopping cart was to serve them with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, a vegetable, and green salad. Today I was shopping at Costco and all around the store they had the food sample tables set up. One of the samples was a big bottle of this Veri Veri Terriakyi Sauce and Marinade. They had served this sample with meat. It looked delicious! I couldn't resist the marinade and thought I would try it with the meatballs. After I returned home, I dumped a little bit over the meatballs and let it marinade for about an hour. For dinner, I served this recipe with diced boiled potatoes, and fresh corn kernals cut off the ear on the stove in butter with salt and pepper to taste.

Teriyaki Marinated Meatballs

1 (16 ounce) frozen package of Italian style meatballs

1 cup Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade

In a bowl, take meatballs and place teriyaki marinade on top; stir to blend.

Let sit for 1 hour.

In a heavy saucepan, put in meatballs and marinade.

On medium-high heat, bring sauce to a boil; stir occasionally.

Let cook for about 20 minutes or until meatballs are heated through.

Serve immediately.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment