Saturday, June 19, 2010

Recipe: Caramel Cups


I absolutely love caramel! When I came across this recipe my mouth started to water as I imagined the smooth, sweet, taste of the caramel and couldn't wait to try these little desserts out. These desserts are quite sweet. I whipped my own cream using heavy whipping cream and left it unsweetened, which evened out the sweetness.

1 (1.9 ounce) package mini phyllo shells
about 20 soft caramel candies, unwrapped
1/4 cup half and half
whipped cream
1 (1.4 ounce) Heath candy bar, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Arrange phyllo shells on a baking sheet.

Bake phyllo shells at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until crisp; cool slightly.

In a glass microwave safe bowl, add caramels and half and half.

Heat for 1 minute; stir, and continue to heat until mixture is smooth, 30 seconds at a time.

Spoon caramel mixture into each phyllo cup filling about 3/4 full.

Add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of Heath candy bar.

Serve immediately.

Makes 15 phyllo cups.

Recipe revised from Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment