I am SO ready for Spring, knowing that it is getting even closer to Summer.
We had a very mild winter this year. A teeny tiny bit of snow that lasted one day, lots of rain, and cold!
The last few days the sun has been shining here. I've taken some walks and enjoyed seeing flowers poking out of the ground and signs of Spring around our neighborhood. Even though it is still chilly, the sun is shining and it makes me happy.
Here are a few things I am very anxiously looking forward to the Spring season.
- Bright sunshine for a few days in a row.
- Seeing the little spring flowers poking out of the dirt.
- Waking up to tweeting birds outside the window.
- Sweeping away the dead winter leaves from the front lawn.
- Cleaning out the planting beds and pots.
- Planting happy spring flowers in the front yard.
- Walking out the door with just a light jacket on instead of a down jacket.
- No more wearing boots outside, instead wearing my flats, open toed shoes, and flip flops.
- Seeing all the fun, bright Spring colors.
- Smiling at the fresh bouquet of Spring flowers on the kitchen table.
- Opening a window for fresh air.
- Feeling energized for Spring cleaning.
- Looking forward to fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Decorating with nests, eggs, bunnies, and other springy things.
- Planning the vegetable garden.
- Inhaling the fresh smell of Spring.
- Taking long walks in the evening as a family.
- Being able to sit outside on our patio in the evenings with my hubby.
- Listening to the kids outside laughing and watching them ride their bikes and play outside, knowing they are enjoying the warmer weather.
- Being able to hang the clothes on a clothes line to dry.
- Shopping for Spring/Summer clothes.
What would YOU add to the list?