Monday, May 6, 2013

Random Post: Planting Our Garden

It was a gorgeous, amazing, hot, sunny, everything wonderful weekend in the Northwest. I took complete advantage of the beautiful weather and spent most of the day outside, and got some veggies planted in our garden. I wanted my children to be involved in the garden planting process. I asked each of them what they wanted to plant in the garden. Next we headed off to get the veggie plants at the store. We came home and got each of the veggie beds ready to plant.

Here is the layout of our garden. Not a huge space, but enough to enjoy some fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs.



The first veggie bed consists of cucumbers, zucchini, and onions.
 
The second bed consists of tomatoes, onions, JalapeƱo hot, and a pepper plant.
 


The third are the herbs which are rosemary, two kinds of parsley, and basil.

I do have room for more plants but wanted to start out small since I don’t want to overcrowd the veggies as the plants will grow bigger.
We also have a big pot of strawberries. Just imagine fresh strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, just plain delicious, fresh strawberries.
 
Yum, I can’t wait for this garden to grow!


-Susan
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment