Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Random Picks: Cake Pops

I recently got interested in making cake pops. They looked fun, easy, and we all like a small sweet treat once in awhile. I saw a really fun looking cookbook, "Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistable Mini Treats" with all the fun ways to display them and ways you could make them for the holidays, birthdays, or everyday treats.

The first time I made them I had a mess on my hands. My cake balls seems lumpy and I had melted chocolate all over. Although they tasted good, they didn't look so pretty. I had used a boxed strawberry cake mix with white chocolate coating and some sprinkles on top.

I had an excuse to try again. My son's preschool was celebrating July birthdays early since school was ending and decided to make each kid in his class and two teachers cake pops. WOW! They turned out amazing. The balls were not lumpy and the chocolate coating was so smooth. This time I used a white cake mix with a light cocoa chocolate coating, dipped in sprinkles. I wrapped each one in a plastic treat bag and tied it with ribbon. Everyone seemed to enjoy them!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment