Thursday, September 1, 2011

Recipe: Kahlua Flavored Latte (non-alcoholic)

Coffee is one of those "morning have to haves" while driving on my way to work and I continue to drink it most of the morning while at work. My usual is black coffee with lots of cream and sugar. I like some of the flavored creamers from time to time to pour in, instead of cream and sugar, just to mix it up.

Many years ago I was really interested in learning how to make espressos at home. I found a Mr. Coffee espresso machine at a garage sale for $10. It was a start and an inexpensive way to learn how to make different espressos. I found recipes online to get me started and was soon making caramel macchiatos with the whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top every Sunday afternoon as a treat for my parents. Eventually the machine was put back in a cupboard and not used very often and ended up passing it along to someone that would use it more than I was.

Overtime, I really missed having an espresso machine. I added one to our wedding registry and we got it! I was thrilled. We bought syrups and we made espressos everyday for weeks. I was needing a little extra caffeine one evening and made this latte.

Kahlua Flavored Latte (non-alcoholic)
2-3 tablespoons Kahlua flavored syrup
1/2 cup frothed milk
2 shots espresso

Mix syrup, milk, and espresso together in your favorite coffee cup.
Sip.
Enjoy.
Makes 1 cup.


Ahhhh......

Life is good...really good!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment