Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Recipe: Heart Shaped Banana Bread

We had bananas going brown and I wasn't just going to throw them away. As I was whipping up a batch of bread, I remembered I had a fun heart shaped pan I got not too long ago and hadn't had a chance to use it yet. I wondered if this was even going to work, but the only way to find out is to try it. I sprayed each heart shape with a non stick cooking spray and filled each heart half way with banana bread mix. It turned out perfect and so adorable. Just in time for Valentine ’s Day!

Banana Bread
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas (mashed)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients in a mixer.

Using small loaf pans:
Mix ingredients together using a mixer.
Spray each loaf pan with a non cooking spray.
Fill each pan up ½ to ¾ way full.
Bake at 350  degrees for 30 minutes.


Using the heart shape pan:
Mix ingredients together using a mixer.
Spray each heart shape with non stick cooking spray.
Fill each heart shape half way with batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.



Recipe source unknown


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment