Thursday, February 21, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Pizza Sauce


Tonight it was just the kids and I for dinner. Both kids wanted pizza, and actually it sounded pretty good myself. I didn't want to go out for dinner or order take out (too expensive!) 

I had no pizza sauce or pizza dough. I looked around my kitchen. It turns out I had plain bagels, pepperoni, cheese, and figured it had to be pretty easy to make my own pizza sauce. So I whipped together the following ingredients.


Homemade Pizza Sauce

1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Italian Herb Mix
salt and pepper to taste
a couple shakes of garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

Homemade Pizza Sauce

Bagel pizzas ready for the oven



Pizzas ready to eat

Bagel Pizza with green salad and blue cheese dressing

This dinner completely hit the spot. There was no pizza leftover. 

-Susan
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment