Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random Post: Labor Day Shopping

This Labor Day weekend my mom and I took the two kids down to Oregon to visit their great grandparents and great aunt and uncle. Our husbands were out hiking for the long weekend and neither my mom nor I wanted to sit home alone. One of my highlights I was so excited to get to do (besides visiting family) was to stop at a Penzeys Spices store. We got to the store and was incredibly disappointed to find it was closed for the holiday. We went on our way down the road and stopped at a Starbucks in a really REALLY nice BIG shopping center to get coffee for the road. I saw a Home Goods store across the parking lot from Starbucks and since we weren’t in much of a hurry to get, we took a wander through. I have been to a couple of Home Goods stores and always thought they had cute decorating and kitchen items. I had mentioned to my mom just an hour before how I would really like to find some Irish Cream latte glasses- those cute tall glasses with the handle. Well I found just that at Home Goods and grabbed two boxes (set of 4) for only $7.99. I was thrilled! I love making coffee in them and during the holidays I make my own peppermint mochas with whipped cream and crushed peppermint on top. It looks so fun and fancy in these glasses.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment