Sunday, September 11, 2011

Recipe: Date Delight Oatmeal Cookies

I have been in a very big cleaning and organizing mood. My spinning pantry has been on my mind a lot and made the time to clean ingredients out, organize spices, put all the baking and sweet stuff in one section, olive oils, and vinegars together, and the espresso syrups in one place. In the process of doing all of this I found a box of chopped dates (which I knew I had and had a specific recipe to make the dates with). I just hadn't made them yet. It was when I turned the chopped dates box over and realized there was a recipe for cookies on the back. I was feeling in a baking mood and read through the recipe to see if it would be something I would like to make. It definately was!

These cookies turned out to be unbelievably delicious. They remind me very much like oatmeal raisin cookies, but instead of raisins there are chopped dates.

Date Delight Oatmeal Cookie

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Quick Oats
1 (8 ounce) pack chopped dates

Cream butter and both sugars together.
Then add egg and vanilla and combine well.
Next add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon, and combine into ingredients.
Finally add quick oats and dates and mix together.
Use a teaspoonful to drop mix onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 11 to 12 minutes ato 350 degrees or until golden brown.
Recipe makes 2 dozen.

Recipe on back of an 8 ounce box of Amport Chopped Dates
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: